I haven't flown the C182 for a while, since November to be precise.
Earlier this week the weather was forecast to be exceptional and we needed to take a few pictures - an ideal opportunity to brush off the cobwebs and give the 182 its first flight of 2011. I packed the flying kit and took along a battery booster just in case...
I drove to Henstridge where it has been spending the winter in a nice warm hangar where I discovered a cowling covered in red dye. It seems that one of the seals has dried out allowing the fluid to seep out - I can now see why red dye is used!
I ended up driving to the photo shoot, a less than ideal way of travelling.
I'm told that a couple of new seals shouldn't be too expensive nor take too long... fingers crossed.